AusAir have designed a botanically infused, highly breathable and reusable face mask. This Australian company has designed this mask to block over 97% of polluted air.
How does this product work?
This face mask is made up of 4 layers:
- Memory nose foam.
- Botanical PM2.5 Filter Layer.
- Hidden aluminium nose clip.
- Two S/S air valves.
There are 3 different colours to choose from:
- Deep black.
- Light grey.
- Soft blush pink.
Why were these face masks designed?
Three Australian called Elias, Isaac and Jack created these face masks after travelling abroad to China and experiencing high levels of air pollution. These filtration masks were born out of wanting to protect themselves and other people globally to unsafe levels of polluted air.
This concept has been designed and refined since 2017. While these masks were originally made for people who experience high levels of pollution such as train commuters and cyclists and city dwellers, they have proved popular internationally.
Face mask details:
- 97% PM 2.5 Protection.
- Designed and manufactured in Australia.
- Washable and reusable mask.
- Replaceable filters.
These filtered masks have been designed for protection against:
- Air pollution.
- Bushfire smoke.
- Organic odours.
What is the cost of this filtered face mask?
A single mask costs £37.
For two masks, the cost is £66.
For a family sized option of four masks, the cost is £105.
All masks come with botanicals but these need to be replaced every few weeks along with the filters.
What else is there to consider?
- Filters have to be replaced every 4 months which is expensive.
- There is an additional cost for 02 Plus filters. (These botanicals include: Tasmanian Lavender, Sydney Eucalyptus or Coastal Tea Tree).
- These masks can be used over 100 times.
- Ergonomic design.
- Fits all sizes (including children masks).
- More expensive than a standard mask.
- Delivery from Australia is expensive.
These Australian born face masks are a reusable solution to disposable face masks. While they are more expensive and you need to remember to frequently replace the filters, they can be washed multiple times to provide long lasting protection from air pollution.View this product at indiegogo.com