ATMOBLUE is a wearable smart-purifier that delivers 99.97% purified air to let you breathe clean air freely. It comes in four colours; black, grey, white and pale pink. Prototypes are going to be ready to purchase by August 2020.
ATMOBLUE have upgraded your standard face mask to produce this electronic device that has built in air filters, that covers the nose and mouth and can be worn when outside.
- 150 hours of use time.
- IOS compatible. The founders have produced a mobile friendly app to control mask features such as fan speed.
- Blocks 99.97% of air particles.
- Can be used while exercising.
- Adjustable head strap.
How much does it cost?
Prices for ATMOBLUE start from £120 but vary to as high as £800. The variance in price depends on the design you choose and the number of air filters you order with the face mask. ATMOBLUE have adopted a ‘one size fits all’ policy as this face mask has an adjustable strap, which is suitable for all adults.
What’s the story behind ATMOBLUE?
The founders have been developing this product since 2016 while living abroad in Asia. They recognised that as a result of global industrialization, air quality, especially in cities, is increasingly poor. They wanted to create a mask that purified the air, rather than just keeping sand and pollen away.
What are the problems associated with ATMOBLUE?
- Expensive alternative to a standard face mask.
- The air filters are costly to frequently replace.
- ATMOBLUE does not offer a product warranty.
- A current lack of government regulation when it comes to electronic face masks.
- Heavier than a standard face mask.
- Not available in child sizes.
- ATMOBLUE has to be frequently charged using its USB port.
Are electronic masks the future?
Currently, there is a lack of evidence about the safety of these electronic face masks. While there is an increasing need for face masks globally, ATMOBLUE have provided a costly alternative that means they are not available to all budgets. ATMOBLUE has not yet been approved for use on airplanes and similarly to electronic cigarettes, there might be some regulation around these devices.
Therefore, does ATMOBLUE create more problems than it solves.
What’s the verdict?
The ATMOBLUE is an exciting new technological product that comes with a hefty price tag. Presently it is unclear if ATMOBLUE has created a viable global solution to ordinary face masks. As this technology is still in its relatively early stages of development, the ATMOBLUE is definitely a product to keep your eye on in the future!View this product at atmoblue.com